Guarantee Terms and Conditions
To receive the full benefits of the extended guarantee the following terms and conditions must be adhered to or your claim may be rejected:
•The Benchmark log book must be completed by the installer at point of installation and retained on site by the owner/occupier for inspection during an engineer visit.
•The boiler must be serviced annually by a registered Gas Safe Engineer in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
•Service details must be recorded in the Benchmark logbook which must be available for inspection.
•The cost of the annual service is not included in the guarantee.
•Only boiler component failures are covered by the guarantee.
•If any failure is caused by contaminated water in the system the engineer visit becomes chargeable.
•The extended guarantee applies to the boiler only, it does not apply to other system components e.g. thermostats, time clocks, motorised valves etc..
•All installation, non boiler or external system fault calls will be charged to the home owner/occupier and could also invalidate your guarantee.
•For calls requested to boilers within the guarantee period a refundable deposit may be required; returned in full if the diagnosed fault is covered by the boiler guarantee.
•Vaillant Group reserves the right to change these Terms & Conditions at anytime and its decision regarding guarantee claims is final.
Longer guarantees are available through the Advance programme, further terms are outlined below
•The extended guarantees are available on Vaillant domestic ecoTEC boiler models only
•The offer is not available on Vaillant commercial ecoTEC 46kW and 65kW boiler models
Please note: In order to receive an extended manufacturers guarantee, an appliance must be purchased and supplied by your chosen Vaillant Advance installer.
Vaillant’s warranty does not include routine upkeep of your boiler such as topping up the central heating system pressure.
Vaillant’s warranty does not cover the following:-
• Faults arising from your failure to follow manufacturer’s instructions
• Routine maintenance, cleaning and servicing
• Boiler faults due to system debris and/or contamination of water.
• Cosmetic damage
• Loss or damage caused by using the boiler in commercial or non-domestic environment.
• Theft, attempted theft or malicious damage.
• Damage caused by fire or explosion
• Claims arising from any problems with the supply of water, gas or electricity.
• Damage caused by floods, storms, lightning, frost or other adverse weather conditions.
• Clearing air locks, priming heating systems
• Repairs to Energy management systems, immersions heaters, controller valves, external time clocks,
• Radiators, cylinders (including unvented cylinders), showers and associated system pipe work.
• Modifications and/or additions to the heating or water system that may adversely affect the boiler.
• Fuel lines to the boiler and the flue systems from the boiler
• Fused spurs, plugs and cables
• Costs arising from not being able to use your boiler or from damage caused should your boiler break down
• Costs for removing and reinstating built in or fitted equipment to gain access to the boiler.